Prefects training programme
Your school prefects must have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including students, teachers and parents. Their role involves effective problem solving, delegation, time management and negotiation as well as acting as a mediator and support network for fellow pupils. More and more schools are beginning to understand the value of a high quality prefect training programme that enables the prefects to develop the skills that are necessary for effective performance.
This workshop will help your students to answer questions such as:
- What is my role and what responsibilities do I have as a prefect?
- What do others expect of me?
- How can the Prefect team work together and solve problems effectively?
- What are my key strengths and how can I put these to good use?
- How can I communicate effectively with other people whilst undertaking my duties?
- How can I be taken more seriously and resolve conflicts that might occur?
The Prefects Training programme covers the following;
Management of self and time
- Understanding how well you use your time
- Identifying your key result areas
- Prioritising your activities
- Planning and scheduling your work
- Eliminating time wasters
- Top tips on time management
- Beliefs and behaviour
- The self-fulfilling prophecy
- Advantages of behaving assertively
- Your rights to assertiveness
- Influencing and negotiation
- Planning your approach’
- Role plays’ and scenarios
- Conflict: good or bad?
- Types of conflict
- You and your role
- Strategies to resolve conflict
Effective management of meetings
- Preparing for the meeting
- Facilitating the meeting
- Managing the follow-up
- Meeting minutes