Your school prefects must have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including students, teachers and parents. Their role involves effective problem solving, delegation, time management and negotiation as well as acting as a mediator and support network for fellow pupils. More and more schools are beginning to understand the value of a high quality prefect training programme that enables the prefects to develop the skills that are necessary for effective performance.
This workshop will help your students to answer questions such as:
• What is my role and what responsibilities do I have as a prefect?
• What do others expect of me?
• How can the Prefect team work together and solve problems effectively?
• What are my key strengths and how can I put these to good use?
• How can I communicate effectively with other people whilst undertaking my duties?
• How can I be taken more seriously and resolve conflicts that might occur?
Our Prefects Training programme covers the following;
Management of self and time
• Understanding how well you use your time
• Identifying your key result areas
• Prioritising your activities
• Planning and scheduling your work
• Eliminating time wasters
• Top tips on time management
• Beliefs and behaviour
• The self-fulfilling prophecy
• Advantages of behaving assertively
• Your rights to assertiveness
• Influencing and negotiation
• Planning your approach’
• Role plays’ and scenarios
• Conflict: good or bad?
• Types of conflict
• You and your role
• Strategies to resolve conflict
Effective management of meetings
• Preparing for the meeting
• Facilitating the meeting
• Managing the follow-up
• Meeting minutes