SUPERVISORY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
DATES– 23 – 27 MAY 2022
VENUE– Management Training Bureau, Msasa
TIME– 0830 – 1600 Hrs
Effective supervision is critical in ensuring that operational business goals are achieved. Those who play the roles of a supervisor in a business need to be able to balance business requirements with the interpersonal skills required to meet the needs of their stakeholders.
In this programme, participants will explore how to maintain technical expertise while demonstrating the right type of leadership. This seminar will give you the personal, interpersonal and group skills to be influential in one-on-one situations, facilitate group performance and become an effective leader.
- Develop interpersonal skills that help you communicate, listen and handle conflicts
- Become more effective at influencing others
- Accomplish goals and control outcomes when dealing with staff, peers, management and other departments
- Learn how to work with groups and teams to solve problems and accomplish projects
- Hold performance discussions that result in changed behaviour and enhanced productivity
- Analyse your own style of behavior and recognize your strengths/weaknesses
- How to empower yourself and your staff
- Planning, Motivation, Communication, Delegation, Performance Management
- What leadership is from the supervisor’s point of view
- How to build credibility and trust
- Moving from the details to the big picture
- Analysing effective listening processes and skills
- Learning participative leader skills and techniques
- The steps of the continuous performance appraisal process
- Coaching, mentoring and how to give constructive feedback
- Wear all your leadership hats successfully
- Decision-making tools for effective leadership
- How to apply problem solving techniques to solve actual problems
- Teams vs. work groups: learning to lead and build personal effectiveness
- Plan your professional future
The Supervisory Management Course will comprise the following training methods:
- Lectures & Presentations
- Group Discussions
- Role plays
- Case Studies & Functional Exercises
Who Should Attend
This Supervisory Management Course would be suitable for:
- Supervisors by designation
- Supervisors by role (irrespective of designation)
- Those who are aiming to step into a supervisory role
- Those who want to understand their supervisor’s role and actions
- First line managers
OUR PRESENTERS FOR THE ASSIGNMENT
- NOAH MANGWARARA-
An award winning Leadership Coach & Motivational Speaker with several awards received in Zimbabwe, continentally and internationally for his work on leadership development across the continent of Africa.
Noah is a qualified consultant with over 20 years’ experience in Training & Development, Human Resources, Strategy workshop Facilitation, Leadership training and Team Building Facilitation at all levels.
Noah is the Executive Director of Noah’s Ark School of Leadership and sits on several leadership development boards across the continent.
Noah is the author of several books on leadership and has featured on a number of publications and media houses locally and continentally where he addresses leadership issues.
- SHINGIRIRAI NDIYA-
Shingirirai Michael Ndiya is a transformational leadership practitioner and training facilitator who specialises in assisting organisations in building high performance teams. Shingirirai has on the ground experience in building a high tech organisation in Zimbabwe. He has a wealth of administration, training and facilitation experience spanning a period of 15 years. He has facilitated over 100 training programmes over 20 corporate and non-governmental organisations- a clear demonstration of his experience in this area. The many years he spent in organisation development consultancy, individual coaching and training facilitation equipped him with a well-trained, methodical and systematic approach to problem solving. His exposure to management, marketing, credit management and communication has empowered him with the ability to establish rapport and effectively interact with people from all levels of organisational hierarchy.